Kitchen Cook I
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by leading the cooks, pantry and utility persons. Ensure consistent preparation and presentation of menu items as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen. In the absence of the Chef and Sous Chef, is in charge of the entire kitchen operation. Ensure all food preparation and presentation is to the specifications established by the Chef.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation for Fulltime employees
- Paid Sick Time for all employees
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Organize and clean all food preparation areas to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, and efficient production; in an advanced and supervisory level.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times (i.e. approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.).
- Responsible for the kitchen during Sous Chef’s and Chefs absence.
- Assist wherever and whenever needed to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Assist Sous Chef and Chef in controlling food and labor costs.
- Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; motivate and train cooks.
- Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care is displayed by all employees toward equipment.
- Always project a positive attitude; embrace and support the resort’s guidelines and procedures.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Four years high-end kitchen experience and/or equivalent formal education is preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service, preferred.