Kitchen Cook II
Elements Kitchen hiring Cook II
High volume, fine dining restaurant.
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Responsible for the preparation, taste and presentation of all menu items at an advanced level.
- Prepare and be set up for success according to distinct levels of business.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Department regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temp. etc.).
- Cook and serve all items required by menu, following designated recipes and procedures.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of preparing a meal and at the end of a shift.
- Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition, and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Culinary Education is preferred.
Related Work Experience
At least three years experience in a high-end kitchen, with ability to work various stations with minimal supervision.
Prior grill and broiler experience.
Must be experienced in the preparation of soups and sauces.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.