Kitchen Cook III
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by the general preparation and serving of assigned hot menu items, the cleanliness and organization of workstation. The individual must develop a sense of color, plating and taste, as most of the work is oriented toward eye appeal as well as taste; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and promise of Care Enough to do it Well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets.
· Assist in the break down/cleaning of station at the end of each meal prepared and at end of shift.
· Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
· Maintain high level of sanitation, organization and cleanliness.
· Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.).
· Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by the resort.
· Be familiar with the resort guidelines and procedures, and act accordingly.
· Always project a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respect the priorities of others.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high quality standard.
· Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
· Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
· Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
· Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
· Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
· Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
· Good communication skills and able to not only work as a team but motivate people.
· Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
· Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
· At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
· Must be able to consistently deliver high quality product quickly and while under pressure.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Culinary Education is preferred.
Related Work Experience
2 years high-end kitchen experience.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.