Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona.
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by maintaining the interior and exterior landscaping spaces to ensure these areas present a clean and unique appearance for our resort guests. The Landscape supervisor performs and supervises those who perform maintenance on the property grounds. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. Tasks include but are not limited to lawn mowing, tree trimming, planting cactus and other flora, fertilizing, weeding, raking, and collecting trash. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments is critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
- Perform landscaping maintenance and supervisory duties including, but not limited to, planting, transplanting, pruning, mowing, seeding, weeding and irrigating.
- Perform inspection of sprinkler system, make repairs and monitor plant or sod water needs.
- Perform necessary duties for the eradication of nuisance plant material by mechanical or chemical methods.
- The landscaper will perform other duties as requested by the Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering & Grounds.
- Assist in seasonal exterior decorating as necessary.
- Spray application of pesticides and herbicides.
- Monitor property grounds to ensure a pleasant and unique appearance for our guests.
- Conduct walk through and visually assess the public space and guest room areas to ensure a safe and efficient landscaping operation.
- Inform the Engineering Director, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the landscaping needs.
- Maintain appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating requirements of the resort.
- Maintain organized system for the accurate handling of work orders.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Identify unsafe work procedures/conditions and report them to management and security personnel.
- Use proper equipment and wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and perform correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow safety/security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow Hazardous Communication Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, etc., including using the Material Data Sheets (MDS).
- Follow property Lock Out Tag Out procedures when equipment needs repair.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing about 90 lbs.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in severe weather conditions hot, cold or wet conditions.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
Landscaping Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Report defective equipment to manager and take out of service until repaired.
- Perform pre-operation equipment safety check when using any mower or other equipment.
- Interpersonal skills such as team work and diversity relations.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, a positive demeanor, dependability and detail oriented.
- Excellent knowledge of all plants, shrubs, flowers, pests etc.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills or experience.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and guest complaints in a professional, courteous manner.
- Continually promote team work and superior guest satisfaction.
- Carry supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies/applicable law.
- Train new grounds staff especially in areas of cactus and other flora maintenance and care.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
More than one (5) years related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.