Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona.
- Perform landscaping maintenance and supervisory duties including, but not limited to, planting, transplanting, pruning, mowing, seeding, weeding and irrigating.
- Perform inspection of sprinkler system, make repairs and monitor plant or sod water needs.
- Perform necessary duties for the eradication of nuisance plant material by mechanical or chemical methods.
- Assist in seasonal exterior decorating as necessary.
- Spray application of pesticides and herbicides.
- Monitor property grounds to ensure a pleasant and unique appearance for our guests.
- Conduct walk through and visually assess the public space and guest room areas to ensure a safe and efficient landscaping operation.
- Maintain appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating requirements of the resort.
- Maintain organized system for the accurate handling of work orders.
- Lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing about 90 lbs.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in severe weather conditions hot, cold or wet conditions.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
Landscaping Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Report defective equipment to manager and take out of service until repaired.
- Perform pre-operation equipment safety check when using any mower or other equipment.
- Have solid interpersonal skills, a positive demeanor, dependability and detail oriented.
- Excellent knowledge of all plants, shrubs, flowers, pests etc.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance and support.
- Continually promote team work and superior guest satisfaction.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies/applicable law.
- Train new grounds staff especially in areas of cactus and other flora maintenance and care.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Prior experience supervising landscaping/groundskeeper team. Experience in a resort is preferred.