Laundry Attendant $17/HOUR
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the Housekeeping Department. Operate laundry facility by keeping up with washing and drying demands, while maintaining the storage and laundry facility area at all times. All, while keeping to our superior standards of Care Enough to do it Well in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Check chemicals to ensure all are full and clean washers and dryers.
· Load washers with dirty linen sorted by fabric type, color, and linen.
· Cleaning of the employee restrooms
· Ensuring all finished work is stored and ready for delivery.
· Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
· Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs., as the position requires continuous retrieval and transportation of laundry to and from washers and dryers.
· Ability to push and/or pull heavy wheeled racks and carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress/pressure work environment. An individual with solid interpersonal skills, detail oriented and a positive attitude is a must.
· Must be courteous, pleasant and accommodating to guests and do whatever necessary to assure the guest has a pleasant visit.
· Ability to work conscientiously, meet deadlines, and follow instruction with minimal supervision.
· Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
· Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays.
Related Work Experience
Less than one (1) year related work experience. Experience in a resort is preferred.