LEAD HOST/HOSTESS JOB SUMMARY
This lead position contributes to Sanctuary’s’ success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet and seat guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Make a good first impression, and insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation for Fulltime employees
- Paid Sick Time for all employees
LEAD HOST/HOSTESS JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm number in party, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guests at their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and inform server and/or manager of special needs.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
LEAD HOST/HOSTESS JOB REQUIREMENTS
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and ability to escort guests.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
LEAD HOST/HOSTESS QUALIFICATIONS
Education High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent Current Food Handler’s Card. Related Work Experience Prior experience in restaurant operations preferred. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.