- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible. Upon departure, thank guests and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, acting on them when possible.
- Answer questions about general property information and amenities.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
Provide Salon Services
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Maintain current licensure in service area.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
- Examine guests' nails to evaluate condition and appearance.
- Determine if condition of guest's nails prevents being able to complete a service and suggest an alternate service if necessary.
- Arrange workstation to ensure guest comfort and safety.
- Offer guests amenities such as beverages or heated neck pillows.
- Advise guests on proper nail care and recommend home care regimens.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing manager.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies) before beginning service.
- Provide nail care services such as manicures/pedicures and no chip gel polish to guests.
- Removes previously applied nail polish.
- Shapes and smoothes ends of nails.
- Cleans customers' nails in soapy water. Softens nail cuticles with water, pushes back cuticles, and trims cuticles. Massages area with lotion.
- Polishes nails or applies clear or colored liquid polish onto nails with brush.
- Applies paraffin treatment.
- Polishes nails including base and top coats to preserve the manicure as long as possible.
Maintain Spa/Salon Environment
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools and equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
- Set up workstation/treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies.
- Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately, upon occurrence, to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow policies and procedures for safe operation and storage of tools, equipment and machines.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, etc., including using Safety Data Sheets.