This position contributes to Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by supervising the resort guest outlets of In Room Dining and the Resort Pool while providing additional support where needed in Elements restaurant and Jade Bar. This position will maintain a focus of consistently providing a memorable experience for our guests and members, and will be integral in the providing of that guest service alongside the service staff for which this role will support. The Outlet Supervisor is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader assisting management in training, motivating, and developing staff members while maintaining a high level of guest service, and may assist in ancillary leadership items such as scheduling or other items as needed. This position will retain, drive, and help install with team a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well. This person will be an integral part of the guest experience in all out outlets with a split focus between In Room Dining & Resort Pool, this position will regularly assist in other outlet areas such as Elements Restaurant and Jade Bar when needed.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Ensure all Staff provide a warm welcome and fond farewell to each guest
* Responsible for the daily operations of each outlet where and when scheduled.
* Responsible for directing, assist and assigning duties to F&B staff.
* Assist with staff schedules; monitor employee time clock entries for missing/improper punches
* Effectively coach and counsel (when appropriate) providing continued staff development
* Effectively resolve staff workplace issues through problem resolution
* Interact with guest in a professional manner and resolve challenges to ensure guest satisfaction before departing the shift for the day, or pass to appropriate leader with shift pass-on report.
* Maintain and execute established training programs and enforce company policies throughout the departments.
* Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and preparation for dishes served in our outlets.
* Have an understanding of beverage menus, wine list, and hours of operation of all F&B outlets.
* Will require extensive knowledge about the resort and its amenities.
* Monitor towel/dish pickup procedures; establish timely pick-up and cleanliness of all areas.
* Ensure all areas are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems with HotSos and include reported items of needed repair or attention in pass-on log.
* Monitor food and drink orders to ensure they are prepared to standards, and delivered on time.
* Attend pre-meal meetings and be aware of daily soup, special, method of preparation, etc.
* Maintain inventories and control costs. Assist in monthly inventory.
* Familiar with Maricopa County Health Code and responsible for the compliance of F&B areas, and related employees.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
* Perform additional duties as requested by IRD Manager, Pool manager and or F&B Director.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages
* Ability to stand for 8 hours , and or walk continuously to perform essential job functions throughout shift under extreme weather conditions
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, and boxes of 40 lbs.
* Ability to visually see and recognize to be able to report safety hazards
* Ability to understand and follow written or verbal instructions
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude
* Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook
* Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example
* Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
* Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards
* Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager and staff
* At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience: Previous food and beverage experience required.
Previous Supervisor experience preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.