Pantry Cook II (Entry-Level)
PANTRY COOK JOB SUMMARY
This position contributes to the Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by taking responsibility for the preparation and presentation of pantry items such as salads, condiments, garnishes, dressings and sauces. Always ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen, the cleanliness and organization of the workstation.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Vacation pay, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K
- Free employee meals, free/discounted hotel rooms
PANTRY COOK JOB FUNCTIONS
· Prepare all pantry food items according to standard pantry recipes or, as otherwise specified to ensure consistency of product to the guest.
· Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, check on portion control and maintain quality product.
· Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
PANTRY COOK JOB REQUIREMENTS
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Working knowledge of the fundamentals of cold food preparation and standards of sanitation.
· Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, such as stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
· Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100lbs.
· Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 35 lbs.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
PANTRY COOK QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Basic kitchen experience, preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service, preferred.