Pastry Cook II
JOB FUNCTIONS Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Assist with the creation of pastries and other baked goods
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations as to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or the Pastry Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Prior experience in a kitchen management position
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.