This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Assist servers in serving food to guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner with a focus in our superior standard, care enough to do it well, in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
- Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout our guests dining experience.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments and specific service.
- Knowledgeable of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of resort dining room (elements/jade) hours of operation.
- Obtain necessary service ware items from the kitchen at the beginning of shift.
- Request and stock towels and paper products as needed.
- Return all dirty service ware to dishwasher at end of shift, and towels to housekeeping.
- Provide prompt, friendly towel misting and water service to all guests.
- Assist in the preparation of drinks, when needed, and garnish to standard recipes.
- Move umbrellas and lounge chairs at the request of guests.
- Ensure all pool tables and chairs are clean and orderly throughout the service period.
- Pick up litter around service and guest area when necessary.
- After guests have departed, remove dirty dishware, wipe and reset tables.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Pool Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
- Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to carry cocktail tray with one hand and distribute food/drinks with the second hand -- cocktail tray could weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to carry food and beverages up and down stairs safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Neat appearance.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; strong attention to detail a must
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests who may be upset or displeased.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Must be able to bend down repeatedly.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work under extreme weather conditions; wet, dry, cold, hot.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.