Pool/In Room Dining Supervisor
This position contributes to elements success by supervising In Room Dining, Private Bar & Infinity Pool daily operations to ensure that the highest quality standards are met. The Outlet Supervisor assists and supports the Outlet Manager as well as the rest of the Food & Beverage management team with employee on-boarding, training new hires and training existing employees, employee scheduling, ensuring team motivation and effective communication processes with fellow employees are being practiced. The Outlet Supervisor will lead the team, setting an example of committed guest service and follow through. Focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and vision of creating memories, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
JOB FUNCTIONS Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each menu item, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Knowledgeable of the room layout and the property in general.
- Knowledgeable about the resort and its amenities.
- Monitor tray pickup procedures, establish timely pick-up as a high priority.
- Supervise all amenities to ensure they are set-up and delivered on time.
- Attend weekly F&B and Staff meetings; check Banquet Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and inform crew of upcoming events.
- Attend pre-shift meetings and be aware of daily soup, special, and their method of preparation.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain Private Bar inventories and control costs.
- Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
- Conduct beverage purchasing for Jade Bar and perform monthly inventory and control costs.
- Perform regular room checks to ensure Private Bars are stocked, up to date, inventoried and organized to standard. Ensure departed guest’s bars are inventoried to ensure charges are posted correctly.
- Ensure room service area and carts are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Monitor towel and dish pickup procedures, establish timely pick-up and the overall cleanliness of the pool deck.
- Ensure pool deck and pool bar and areas are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
- Supervise all food and drink orders to ensure they are prepared to standard recipes; set-up and delivered on time.
- Maintain inventories and control costs. Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
- Coordinate seasonal hours of operation changes. Communicate any changes to appropriate staff in an efficient and timely manner.
- Familiar with Maricopa County Health Code and responsible for the compliance of the Pool Bar, In Room Dining Pantry and related employees.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Food and Beverage Services.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry and/or transport up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to remain on feet for a prolonged period (10 hours), of time and to escort guests.
- Good communication essential with ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be a motivated self starter that takes the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task a must.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Work Holidays and weekends.