Pool Manager - Boutique Resort
POOL MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
This position contributes to Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain success by serving as a Pool Manager of the Infinity Pool staff while maintaining a focus on providing a memorable experience for our guests and resort members. The Pool Manager is expected to be a leader responsible for payroll, scheduling, interviewing, training, and developing pool staff members while maintaining a high level of guest service. Additionally, the position will ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and employees.
- Company subsidized medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K Plan
- 11 PTO Days & Paid Vacation
- Resort stays & Restaurant/Retail Discounts
POOL MANAGER JOB FUNCTIONS
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Responsible for the daily operations of the pool.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere but acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Monitor towel pickup procedures and the overall cleanliness of the pool.
- Ensure pool deck and pool bar areas are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly.
- Supervise all food and beverage orders to ensure they are prepared to standard recipes.
- Maintain inventories and control costs. Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
- Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, payroll gratuity sheets, ADP, and all accounting procedures.
- Familiarity with all positions within your area and be willing and able to fill those positions when needed.
- Coordinate seasonal hours of operation. Communicate changes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast, and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and pool service standards.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours , and or walk continuously to perform essential job functions throughout shift under extreme weather conditions, when necessary.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, and boxes of 40 lbs.
- Ability to visually see and recognize to be able to report safety hazards.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Be well organized, able to direct others and lead by example.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with managers and staff.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Minimum two to three years F&B Manager experience preferred.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.