Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our Engineering Department.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by maintaining of all bodies of water throughout the property by checking chemicals, cleaning, and properly maintaining and repairing pool equipment, while caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments. This is a Safety-Sensitive Position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Inspect pool/spa areas for repair. This requires the individual to visually inspect, detect and react to items needing maintenance and requires knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance chemicals and treatments.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during the course of work day and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Prepare and set-up machinery for scheduled repairs and testing.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform daily chemical checks of all bodies of water as assigned.
- Clean all assigned bodies of water daily.
- Maintain pool gates, safety signs, and safety apparatus.
- Completes other projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and grasp objects or carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally to waist height.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at height up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to move and work throughout the property for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift (except for lunch and break periods).
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate tools and materials, and have excellent finger dexterity.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break.
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Experience with hospitality and customer service preferred.
CPO Certification; exposure to high speed equipment and assorted chemicals.
Two years minimum experience.
Universal certification is preferred.
Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use.