POOL TECHNICIAN JOB SUMMARY:
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by maintaining of all bodies of water throughout the property by checking chemicals, cleaning, and properly maintaining and repairing pool equipment, while adhering to the Gurneys Mission and Values.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Vacation pay, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K
- Free employee meals, free/discounted hotel rooms
POOL TECHNICIAN JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect pool/spa areas for repair. This requires the Pool Technician to visually inspect, detect and react to items needing maintenance and requires knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance chemicals and treatments.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during the course of work day and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
POOL TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and grasp objects or carry supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally to waist height.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at height up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to perform tasks while consistently bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting additional weight up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift (except for lunch and break periods).
- Ability to work in extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Experience with hospitality and customer service preferred.
CPO Certification; exposure to high speed equipment and assorted chemicals.
Two years minimum experience.
Universal certification is preferred.
Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use.