Purchasing Receiving Clerk
Purchasing Receiving Clerk - $12 per hour
Part Time job, Four days a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 7am to 2pm.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by assisting in the receiving of stock and food items from remote warehouse and direct shipment from sources. Adhere to the maintenance and operation of the requisition system and assuring those quality standards are met within the service center; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Assist in the receipt of all F&B products. Ensure delivery of such products to proper storage locations.
- Handle inbound UPS and/or Federal Express items and ensure timely delivery of all packages to recipients. This includes all inbound freight items.
- Assist in maintaining daily and monthly receiving/outbound logs to ensure that all packages and deliveries are accounted for.
- Assist in the coordination with departments for product release and delivery of items maintained by purchasing for property wide use.
- Assist the Food and Beverage team in proper rotation and quality control of all inbound products.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with month end inventories as dictated by business needs.
- Assist in the maintenance and appearance of the loading dock and receiving area.
- Assist in the proper rotation of soda, water, and beer items and assist in the coordination of accurate check requests upon COD deliveries.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Purchasing Manager and/or Lead Receiving Clerk
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and a positive attitude is a must.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage products.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand product invoices and receiving documentation. Ability to compare these documents to property generated purchase orders.
- Ability to communicate well with delivery drivers and other department team members.
- Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Bi-lingual skills helpful but not required.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the person and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Valid Food Handler’s card required.
- Valid Driver’s License required and a clean driving record, clear of any tickets or restrictions. Also, ability to safely drive and handle golf carts, hand trucks, flatbed dollies, and company vehicles.
- Must be 19 years of age or older due to handling liquor constantly.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and on ladder.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. overhead.
- Ability to walk on steep surfaces, both flat and uneven.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
At least one year experience in related work.