Recruitment & Training Manager
The Recruitment & Training Manager is responsible for recruiting qualified candidates for positions at all levels within the organization, including senior leadership. Prescreens and interviews prospective applicants, answers their questions about the job and the organization, and evaluates their qualifications. Checks references of candidates or evaluates reference checks performed by subordinates. Makes recommendation as to whether or not candidate should be hired; hires directly for certain entry level positions. Additionally, creates, coordinates and implements appropriate learning programs to promote a well-educated and professionally developed staff. L&D programs include but are not limited to Strengths based leadership, hospitality service training, and leadership development. Coordinates the resort’s quality initiatives and follows through with results.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Builds and nurtures relationships with hiring managers to support hiring needs at all levels of the organization.
- Crafts compelling job postings and uses search methods (e.g. LinkedIn, Indeed, Handshake, etc.) to identify and attract strong candidates in a competitive market.
- Present qualified and interested candidates to hiring managers and manage the full recruitment cycle.
- Measure and report on recruiting metrics and track various data points as needed.
- Continually build a talent pool to serve future business needs and engage with potential future candidates using creative marketing approaches.
- Ensure managers comply with interview best practices and ensure interview documents are completed and retained for compliance purposes.
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Develops recruitment programs within allocated budget, and collateral to attract applicants and to fill specific job openings.
- Develops and maintains network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Initiates contact with possibly qualified candidates for specific job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
- Screens and refers candidates for additional interviews with others in organization.
- Writes and places job advertising in various media.
- Develops and coordinates internal job posting program and writes job postings.
- Coordinates participation in, sets up display, and works at local, national and international job fairs.
- Develops and maintains contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Makes public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding the organization and opportunities.
- Works with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
- Provides information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Participates in and conducts interviews for all seasonal roles with international applicants. Provides ongoing communication preceding job offers.
- Checks references of candidates or evaluates reference checks performed by subordinates. Makes recommendation as to whether or not candidate should be hired; hires directly for certain entry level positions.
- Arranges travel and lodging for out-of-town applicants.
- Communicate the understanding of the resort’s service standards and guest expectations, as well as create and develop training and incentive programs to encourage consistency.
- Develop annual training calendar. Compile and publicize monthly and quarterly reports of training activity.
- Maintain and update training records using ADP, including department orientation records etc.
- Screens, tests, counsels, and recommends employees for participation in internal or external educational and training programs.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
- Formulates training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company processes, business systems, or changes in procedures, or services.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Trains assigned supervisory staff in effective techniques for training, such as new employee orientation, PRIDE, on-the-job training, health and safety practices, management development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate monitor progress of trainees and resort turnover.
- Plan and execute employee events in partnership with the Human Resources team and assist with special projects, events and activities relating to the property.
- Assist with the following aspects of recruiting: on-line position order maintenance, receive/track applications/resumes, assisting phone screening and with reference checks.
- Creates and distributes biweekly internal communication email.
- Participates in select committees.
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Human Resources.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel operations and jobs within hotels.
- Previous training, adult-learning, experience is preferred, with demonstrated skills in group facilitation (large and small), performance improvement, consulting, coaching etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish) abilities preferred.
- Gallup’s Strengths Coach certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Adult learning Theory and the essential elements of training.
- Ability to stand/sit for extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance.
- Ability to take initiative; be proactive without waiting for direction; strong sense of personal accountability.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Outgoing and positive attitude
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
Related Work Experience
Minimum of two years human resource/recruiting/training experience required.
Experience in human resources at a luxury hotel/resort preferred.
Computer skills, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.