Reservations Sales Agent
$14.00 per hour plus competitive incentive plan!
The Reservation Sales Agent’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing effective selling techniques and all available tools. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, sales- minded, customer-focused and detail-oriented with a high degree of computer literacy, willingness to learn new processes, and the ability to merge into a dynamic work environment.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive.
- Assist guests with future leisure, group, and existing reservation inquiries, cancellations, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue by make the most of every opportunity to close each reservations call and promptly following up with guest inquiry leads for second chance bookings. Follows through on every reservation call with confirmations, letters and brochure requests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of resort product, services, and facilities. Including but not limited to: All hotel facilities and services, hours of operation, all guest room layouts, bed types, décor, and locations. Room availability for any given day, restricted dates, rates, and room types.
- Maintain rate integrity by quoting accurate room rates and keeping up to date with current packages and promotions. Promotes up-sell of upgraded room types, and offers alternate dates when the hotel is fully committed.
- Works closely with Front Desk to ensure full occupancy on busy days.
- Ensures all necessary information is received from arriving guests, so to facilitate their arrival and comfort prior and during their stay.
- Keeps all reservations accounts, traces and guest profiles with specific requests for each arriving guest up to par.
- Performs additional duties as requested by Supervisor and Manager on Duty.
- Applies the NAVIS program concepts to maintain compliance of lead management.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e. room, tax, incidentals, and direct/special billing).
- Administrative tasks include: Detailing all reservations including third Party Reservations, reviewing all previous days’ reservations and next day arrivals.
- Effectively manage daily correspondences and operational tasks to exceed customer expectations and expand customer base.
- Attend and participate in sales and business development trainings as required.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pleasant telephone voice and professional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Due to constant phone contact, must adhere to strict communication standards at all times & must have good hearing and be able to respond to guest service needs quickly.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure environment.
- Will be cross-trained in different aspects of position and must be easily adaptable to shifting workloads and specific tasks as operational needs dictate.
- Professional customer service nature with a desire to exceed.
- Work varying schedules to reflect the business needs.
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must demonstrate willingness to continually learn new processes, and the ability to merge into a dynamic work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Desire to be part of high growth, fast paced business.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Computer experience required. Must be able to display effective computer literacy and be familiar with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Knowledge of OPERA, NAVIS Certification, Applications & Software knowledge a plus. Knowledge of the internet, GDS and Extranets preferred. Hotel/Resort reservation or front desk experience preferred. Customer service and sales experience preferred.