Reservations Sales Specialist
The Reservation Sales Specialist’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible for room and dining by utilizing effective selling techniques and all available tools. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, sales- minded, customer-focused and detail-oriented with a high degree of computer literacy, the willingness to learn new processes, and the ability to merge into a dynamic work environment.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation for Fulltime employees
- Paid Sick Time for all employees
RESERVATIONS SALES SPECIALIST JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Reservation Sales Specialist will assist guests with future leisure, group, existing, and elements dining reservation inquiries, cancellations, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue by make the most of every opportunity to close each reservations call and promptly following up with guest inquiry leads for second chance bookings. Follows through on every reservation room and elements dining reservation call with confirmations, letters and brochure requests.
- Promotes up-sell of upgraded room types, and offers alternate dates when the hotel is fully committed.
- Ensures all necessary information is received from arriving guests, so to facilitate their arrival and comfort prior and during their stay.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e. room, tax, incidentals, and direct/special billing).
- Manage seating charts and the OpenTable reservation system as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
RESERVATIONS SALES SPECIALIST JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The Reservation Sales Specialist must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The Reservation Sales Specialist must have pleasant demeanor on the telephone and professional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Will be cross-trained in different aspects of position and must be easily adaptable to shifting of workloads and specific tasks as operational needs dictate.
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience