Resort IT Manager
Position Summary: This position contributes to the success of Sanctuary Reso by providing staff, users, and guests with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions, program problems and connectivity issues.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Provide staff, users, and guests with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions, program problems and connectivity issues.
- Maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Provide IT helpdesk support for the local properties by telephone, email or remote access.
- Act as initial point of contact for the Information Technology Team, receiving incoming request for IT Support.
- Provide support to troubleshoot and resolve issues involving items such as the following: Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Software, Network access (User Accounts, Email, Internet & LAN)
- Assist with project work as required.
- Assist with implementation of Payment Card Industry, network and data security initiatives.
- Maintain asset inventories.
- Follow daily/weekly/monthly IT checklists.
- Support mobile devices as needed.
- Installing Windows operating systems and required applications on laptops/desktops. Knowledge of PC imaging applications helpful.
- Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
- Answer incoming customer phone calls and e-mail while providing superior customer service.
- Actively listen to each request; confirm an understanding of the issue; diagnose the problem; provide an accurate solution.
- Participate in an on-call rotation which may include responding to a service call 24 hours a day.
- Able to clearly articulate ideas both orally and in writing to both technical and business audiences. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Corporate Director of IT.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality OR Two-year associates degree in an IT related field, OR over one year of IT helpdesk, support, or related experience in a similar environment
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Solid effective interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Computer knowledge is a must to include Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Proficiency in mainstream PC desktop applications, and the effective use of Internet technology and services.
- Knowledge and experience with hotel information systems such as Opera PMS, Micros POS, Springer- Miller Spasoft POS, MAS90, ADP, Symantec Antivirus and Delphi S&C is a plus.
- Excellent professional communication skills required both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the person and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Multi-task and detailed oriented.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by building environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This may include traveling to and from meetings. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, customers, supervisors and subordinates.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.