This position contributes to Sanctuary success by answering internal and external telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner. Use Sanctuary’s standards to direct
calls through the resort switchboard; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Promptly answer telephone calls with a warm, friendly and clear greeting.
- Listen carefully to requests to ensure understanding, direct calls to appropriate line and respond with appropriate action providing accurate information.
- Transcribe messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Read and verbally recite messages for guests and management as appropriate.
- Receive wake-up call information and confirm time with guest. Perform wake-up calls promptly and accurately.
- Act as a liaison between guest and security, guest services and/or engineering. Provide timely information via paging system in response to emergencies and/or guest requests such as, but not limited to plumbing problems, airport transportation, etc.
- Answer basic inquiries such as, but not limited to time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Remain calm and polite, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy resort activity.
- Resolve complications and/or complaints such as missed wake-up calls using previous experience and good judgment.
- Send out brochures as requested by callers.
- Maintain an alert, attentive, calm and reassuring tone of voice at all times.
- Be attentive to guest’s requests by communicating needs to appropriate departments in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Be fully aware of all emergency procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Front Office Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Have a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed guest’s expectations.
- Possess a clear and well spoken telephone manner.
- Due to constant phone contact, must have good hearing and be able to respond to guest service needs quickly.
- Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate
information and help resolve conflicts.
- Must be an individual who is highly detail oriented.Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Hotel/resort reservation/ front desk/PBX experience preferred.
Computer experience needed, preferably with Fidelio.