Resort Telephone Operator Part Time
RESORT TELEPHONE OPERATOR POSITION SUMMARY
MOSTLY NIGHT SHIFTS (2:00pm - 10:00pm)
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by answering internal and external telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner. Use Sanctuary’s standards to direct calls through the resort switchboard.
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort and Spa is a luxury boutique hideaway with dramatic mountain and spa casitas offering spectacular views of Paradise Valley. Sanctuary Spa, an intimate retreat, offers Asian-inspired treatments along with a relaxing meditation garden, movement studio and fitness center. Elements restaurant features farm-fresh cuisine with Asian accents while jade bar is known for its extensive wine list. Along with Scottsdale shopping and golf, guests enjoy the infinity pool, tennis and hiking in the shadows of Camelback Mountain.
For more information, please visit our website at www.sanctuaryaz.com.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid PTO
RESORT TELEPHONE OPERATOR JOB FUNCTIONS
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Promptly answer telephone calls with a warm, friendly and clear greeting.
- Listen carefully to requests to ensure understanding, direct calls to appropriate line and respond with appropriate action providing accurate information.
- Transcribe messages and repeat information to verify accuracy.
- Perform wake-up calls promptly and accurately.
- Act as a liaison between guest and security, guest services and/or engineering. Provide timely information via paging system in response to emergencies and/or guest requests such as, but not limited to plumbing problems, airport transportation, etc.
RESORT TELEPHONE OPERATOR JOB REQUIREMENTS
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Have a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed guest’s expectations.
- Possess a clear and well spoken telephone manner.
- Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
We are searching for hard-working, solution-oriented individuals who enjoy taking on new challenges and are proud of what they do. We seek out people who are compassionate, positive-minded and most importantly, will enjoy serving our guests and have fun while doing it.
RESORT TELEPHONE OPERATOR QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Hotel/resort reservation/ front desk/PBX experience preferred.