RESTAURANT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by overseeing the management of Elements & Jade restaurant operations and staff in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, food, service, cleanliness, and professionalism. The Elements / Jade Manager is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader assisting management in training, scheduling, motivating, and developing service staff and ensuring that all guests are greeted in a warm, friendly and sincere manner.
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort and Spa is a luxury boutique hideaway with dramatic mountain and spa casitas offering spectacular views of Paradise Valley. Sanctuary Spa, an intimate retreat, offers Asian-inspired treatments along with a relaxing meditation garden, movement studio and fitness center. Elements restaurant features farm-fresh cuisine with Asian accents while jade bar is known for its extensive wine list. Along with Scottsdale shopping and golf, guests enjoy the infinity pool, tennis and hiking in the shadows of Camelback Mountain.
For more information, please visit our website at www.sanctuaryaz.com.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Benefit Plan
- Free shift meals
- Hotel, restaurant & spa discounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid PTO
RESTAURANT MANAGER JOB FUNCTIONS
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Coordinate with the culinary department to implement new menus and seasonal promotions, such as holidays and special event promotions.
- Maintain inventory and pars, for the restaurant and outlets, ensuring appropriate levels of linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, are delivered and stored. Communicate any ordering needs to GM & Dir of F&B.
- Work with Executive Chef and culinary staff to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
- Taste ‘new menu’ rollout food and beverage products for consistency, ensure staff knowledge, and develop culinary testing to ensure fluent knowledge.
- Check that all equipment is in working order, communicate any dysfunctions.
- Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests at all times.
- Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests in the F&B outlets.
- Interact with customers to determine needs, satisfaction and resolve conflicts, be a proactive participant in guest recovery.
- Assist line employees in coordinating services from support departments, such as maintaining adequate stock of linen.
- Visit and observe competitive resort and restaurant operations to keep abreast of marketing techniques and promotions.
- Perform and support line employees job functions, under high volume and emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the elements General Manager / F&B Director.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Manage and assist in all areas of F&B as needed per the day’s & team’s needs including Room Service, Pool, Private Events, catering and any other area in need of support.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
RESTAURANT MANAGER SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
- Hire, train, motivate and schedule staff in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards. Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine.
- Conduct coaching and counseling when necessary; write and present associate annual reviews per the direction and support of the Dir of F&B.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
RESTAURANT MANAGER JOB REQUIREMENTS
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have good wine knowledge.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits programs, Opentable, Excel and cashier close-outs.
- Have familiarity with all positions in restaurant; be able and willing to fill positions, when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Must have 3 to 5 years hospitality supervisor or management experience in an upscale, full service establishment.