Room Service Manager
Located in Paradise Valley, AZ. Sanctuary is now hiring an a Manager for our In-Room Dining (Room Service Department). This is a salaried, exempt position. Our ideal candidates will have prior In-Room Dining Captain experience, or 2 years F&B supervisory or management experience, strong knowledge of departmental operations and be goal and team oriented.
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by overseeing the daily operation of Room Service and Private Bar teams. Interview, train, schedule and motivate staff to ensure the highest standard of service and presentation; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it Well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
* Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, wine list, ingredients and preparation for each dish.
* Thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property. Knowledgeable about the resort and its amenities such as Spa and other Food and Beverage Outlets.
* Monitor tray pickup procedures, establish timely pick-up as a high priority.
* Supervise all amenities to ensure they are set-up and delivered on time.
* Attend weekly F&B and Staff meetings; check Banquet Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and inform crew of upcoming events.
* Maintain Private Bar and Beauty Bar inventories and control costs.
* Perform monthly inventory and reconcile with purchases to confirm accurate usage.
* Perform regular room checks to ensure Private Bars are stocked, inventoried and organized to standard. Ensure departed guest’s bars are inventoried to ensure charges are posted correctly.
* Ensure room service area and carts are clean and organized, and all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Director of Engineering via HotSOS immediately.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Food and Beverage Director.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
* Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
* Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
* Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
* Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, and cashier close-out.
* Familiarity with all positions in Room Service; be able and willing to fill positions, when needed.
* Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly.
* Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
* Must be motivated and a self starter.
* Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
* Able to work outdoors in inclement weather. Able to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
* Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
* Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests.
* Strong attention to detail a must.
* Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
* Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques.
* Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
* Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.