Room Service Order Taker (Part-Time) (PM Shifts)
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our In Room Dining Team.
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by providing superior guest service that will exceed guest and employees’ expectations during their experience ordering In-Room Dining service. In this position it will be highly important to both efficiently and accurately take orders. A focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well are critical to the success of this position, as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Desk is to be organized, neat and clean at all times. Keep computer and phones clean.
- Ensure there is enough paper/office supplies at all times.
- Ensure professional environment. Noise level should be kept to a minimum. Follow proper telephone etiquette and departmental policies and procedures.
- Whenever a break is needed, ensure that another trained staff member is answering phone calls.
- If a guest calls for information or services other than In Room Dining (bathrobe, shaving cream, etc.) quickly and politely assists guest by calling the appropriate department. A guest should only need to call one number for any request. Follow up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
- If a guest calls to order amenities, cakes or flowers, fill out the appropriate form and follow appropriate procedures by informing all departments involved.
- When a guest orders Room Service, hand-write order with specifications listed, repeat order back to guest. Ring the order into the computer immediately after finishing the conservation with the guest.
- Monitor HOTSOS.
- Place the handwritten order, the check, and the pick-up card in the check presenter for the server.
- Follow the order procedures for amenities. Communicate any discrepancies to supervisor who will follow up with the department/person.
- Communicate well with servers to ensure timely service.
- Staple the order forms to the computer slips and drop them at the end of the shift according to accounting procedures.
- If a guest calls down to have a tray picked up, quote the guest 15 minutes for pick-up unless business demands, will otherwise delay the wait time. Side work is done according to posted assignments; assist servers with side work during down time.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Room Service Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer skills and typing abilities a must.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to sit and/or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.