Room Service Server
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our In Room Dining Team.
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by working within the framework of the Room Service Department service team, practicing established standards and systems. Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, wine list, ingredients and preparation for each dish.
- Ensure that all food plates are transported in a hot box.
- Thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property. Knowledgeable about the resort and its amenities such as Spa and other Food and Beverage Outlets.
- Collect orders from the kitchen, ensure they have been prepared correctly; and promptly and efficiently deliver to the guest’s room.
- Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
- Assist with the collection of room service trays and other food and beverage items from the guest rooms. Includes proper breakdown of trays and other items.
- Familiar with room service order taker’s duties, and fill that position when needed.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and practice these standards throughout the guest’s dining experience.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and department policies regarding consumption.
- Relay guest complaints or comments to supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings and supplemental training sessions. Attend pre-meal meetings and be aware of daily soup, specials and their method of preparation.
- Keep work area and equipment clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning properly; report any problems to the Room Service Captain or Manager immediately.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by F&B Outlet Manager and/or Room Service Captain.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Work well with food and beverage teammates and supporting departments.Must be motivated and a self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Able to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Take pride in work.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent. Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required. Must have previous sever experience. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.