Internship - Sales and Marketing
We are looking for a passionate, motivated intern who can work with us in a fast paced, fun environment and who is not afraid to think outside the box. The intern will assist in social media projects throughout the resort, and be able to work evenings and weekend on occasion. We are focused on the following social media channels: Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and Instagram. This is a paid, 12 week internship.
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by assisting in sale and social media efforts. This is a hands-on position that is vital to driving awareness and getting visibility for our brand.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Engage with our users to offer a more personal experience.
· Grow our fans, followers, likes: subscribers by increased audience engagement.
· Maintain a content editorial calendar.
· Communicate exciting social media news (internal and external).
· Attend events throughout the resort and update social media channels in "real-time".
· Post content to various content websites.
· Monitor and engage on various social media platforms.
· Focus on social media integration with brand marketing.
· Develop content for social media campaigns, market research.
· Monitor social accounts and key word feeds for post/response opportunities.
· Contribute to think tank discussions on social media marketing.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Current college student (Junior to Senior) pursuing a degree in Advertising, Communications, English, Journalism and/or Marketing, or Hotel/Restaurant Management, or a recent graduate seeking an experiential temporary opportunity.
· Currently hold and maintain an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 or higher on a United States 4.0 Scale.
· Strong communication skills: grammar is a must.
· Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong experience with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google , Instagram and other social media avenues.
· Understanding of the Internet and social media marketing best practices.
· Passionate about Social Media and Sales.
· Friendly and conversational.
· Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy.
· Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Fast learner with multitasking abilities, self-motivated, and ability to work well alone or in a team environment.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
· Must abide by the resorts appearance standards.