Salon Nail Technician
Located in Paradise Valley, Arizona; Sanctuary is now hiring for our Spa team.
This position contributes to the Sanctuary Spa success by providing a consistently memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests and members. Provide nail care services such as manicures and pedicures and no chip gel polish to guests. Assess guest needs and examine nails to evaluate condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service. This position provides various nail services for the client's hands and feet; with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well.
Education: Technical, Trade or Vocational School Degree.
Current State Nail Care License.
Related Work Experience: Minimum of two (2) years related work experience. Experience in a resort environment is a plus.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible. Upon departure, thank guests and provide a fond farewell.
* Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests.
* Anticipate guests' service needs, acting on them when possible.
* Answer questions about general property information and amenities.
Provide Salon Services
* Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
* Maintain current licensure in service area.
* Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
* Examine guests' nails to evaluate condition and appearance.
* Determine if condition of guest's nails prevents being able to complete a service and suggest an alternate service if necessary.
* Arrange workstation to ensure guest comfort and safety.
* Offer guests amenities such as water or heated neck pillows.
* Advise guests on proper nail care and recommend home care regimens.
* Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing manager.
* Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies) before beginning service.
* Provide nail care services such as manicures/pedicures and no chip gel polish to guests.
* Removes previously applied nail polish.
* Shapes and smoothes ends of nails.
* Cleans customers' nails in water. Softens nail cuticles with water, pushes back cuticles, and trims cuticles. Massages area with lotion.
* Polishes nails or applies clear or colored liquid polish onto nails with brush.
* Applies paraffin treatment.
* Polishes nails including base and top coats to preserve the manicure as long as possible.
* Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
* Proactive Guest Service
* Team Work
* Diversity Relations Organization
* Time Management
* Detail Orientation Communications
* Effective Listening/Communication
* English Language Proficiency
* Effective Consultation
* Professional Constraint
* Positive Demeanor
* Stress Tolerance Physical Abilities
* Hand/Eye Coordination
* Visual Acuity
* Manual Dexterity Spa/Salon Service
* Nail Care Services
* Nail Disorders & Diseases
* Up sell Spa/Salon Products & Services