This position contributes to Sanctuary success by ensuring the safety and security of guests and employees through the effective patrolling of all areas of the property to include appropriate follow up on incidents/accidents that arise; while displaying a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence, critical to the success of this position.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Serve as a deterrent to crime and reduce violations by making continuous patrols of the resort.
- Report any unusual activity to the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- To write accurate and concise security and safety reports including; theft reports, incident reports, accident reports, and physical hazard inspections. Distribute reports to necessary parties.
- Effectively handle any security related incidents which arise on shift and properly log them.
- Ensure that any undesirable person(s) are effectively handled without interrupting the orderly flow of resort operations.
- Take energy conservation measures when necessary.
- Assist resort during disasters or emergencies in any way needed.
- Observe and report any security breaches.
- Recognize and report safety hazards. Conduct daily physical hazard inspections and complete all reports.
- Ensure that all employee accidents/incidents receive immediate and professional First Aid treatment by the Security Department.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid training certification.
- Respond to guest door lock out calls to properly screen persons attempting to gain access to guestroom.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Security Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Superior skills: organizational, multi-tasking and detail oriented.
- Maintain a professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to your manager.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by the Security Supervisor/Director of Security.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Minimum lifting of objects weighing 50lbs.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Accurately and regularly record work time via resort time clock.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays