This position contributes to Sanctuary success by overseeing operations & service related to the wine program for elements & jade bar. Works with all F&B Managers, and will assist wherever needed to ensure the smooth operation of the department with guest satisfaction as the first priority. Responsibilities include administrative duties involving the formatting and composition of wine menus, document.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- The Sommelier oversees the wine list, maintenance of content, pricing, printing pars, overall accuracy of current offerings in the restaurant and Jade Bar.
- Able to discuss, and serve all kinds of wine. Should be comfortable interacting with guests and all diners.
- Fluent in the offerings of all the wines being sold, speaking and able to make knowledgeable recommendations to suit guests tastes and requested pairings.
- Ability to describe wine, confirm vintage, select appropriate glassware, present table-side.
- Responsible for coordinating with elements Restaurant Sales Manager in support of any reservations and pairing requests for Private Dining in our event spaces.
- Functions as a liaison between our Banquet and Catering Department and current vendors in an effort to secure pricing and requested product.
- Communication skills, professionalism, willingness to drive elements wine sales, maintain profit margin, and foster guest loyalty and repeat business are essential to the success of this position.
- Should be organized in coordination of weekly order; maintaining the wine cellar, and stocking - rotation of product at the wine display wall.
- Assists with any and all menu revisions and creations, as needed.
- Coordinates release dates with Food & Beverage Director.
- Responsible for providing Sales & Marketing Department with current menu copies and forwarding current menus to web site manager.
- Participates and completes monthly inventory and data entry.
- Attends weekly F&B meetings manager training and stand-up meetings.
- Coordinates details for all off property special events such as Scottsdale Culinary Festival, Flavor of Phoenix etc. & may be requested to work an event by the Executive Chef or Sales Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Should have a passion for food, wine, and the hospitality industry.
- Should have a keen desire to function in a supporting role to the management team.
- Must have prior experience in restaurant operations, and be willing to assist whenever and wherever needed (bussing tables, hosting, check backs)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be familiar with Point-of-Sales systems.
- Must be responsible, insightful, organized and self-motivated.
- Must have good communication skills; ability to interact with guests, staff and supporting departments.