Spa Front Desk Agent (Full-Time)
This position contributes to the Sanctuary Spa success by providing a consistently memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests and members. The Spa Concierge will schedule services for individuals and large groups using SpaSoft. Use guest relation skills to confirm scheduled services, answer questions about and promote available services, check in guests for appointments and more. This position ensures the safety and comfort of guests, members and employees.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Welcome and acknowledge each guest with a verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible. Upon departure, thank guests and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, acting on them when possible.
- Promote and sell spa/salon services.
- Resolve guest situations such as scheduling conflicts.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Maintain good working relationship between coworkers.
Guest Scheduling and Check-In
- Schedule services for individuals and large groups using SpaSoft, reservation software.
- Call guests to confirm scheduled services and update the reservations/cancellations list.
- Check in guests for appointments.
- Advise providers of last minute changes or additions to schedule.
- Provide general spa orientation to guests upon arrival, such as the location and use of locker rooms, lounge areas, and hospitality stations.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtain change required for expected business level, and keep bank secure at all times.
- Obtain and process guest payments correctly for spa/salon services.
- Count and secure bank at end of shift.
- Process adjustment vouchers, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Spa Operations Manager and/or Spa Guest Relations Supervisor
JOB REQUIREMENTS ________
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Stand for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies/procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately, upon occurrence, to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain Spa/Salon Environment. Notify Engineering, of spa/salon maintenance/repair needs.
· Proactive Guest Service
· Team Work
· Diversity Relations
· Computer Skills:
· Effective Listening
· English Language Proficiency
· Effective Communication
· Telephone Etiquette
· Positive Demeanor
· Stress Tolerance
· Proactive Initiative
· Time Management
· Detail Orientation
· Spa/Salon Products & Services
High School Diploma, G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
Spa, massage and aesthetics familiarity preferred.
SpaSoft experience preferred.
Experience in customer service in a resort environment is preferred.