Spa Guest Relations Supervisor
This position contributes to the Sanctuary Spa success by serving as a Supervisor to the Spa reservations staff while maintaining a focus on consistently providing a memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests and members. The Spa Reservations Supervisor is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader with an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for the spa and wellness industry. Assist management in training, scheduling, and motivating the Spa reservations staff. Responsible for the daily operations spa reservations, with a focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and our Promise of Care Enough to do it well, critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible. Upon departure, Thank guests and provide a fond farewell.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and to resolve issues, show empathy and build trust. Resolve guest situations such as scheduling conflicts.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, acting on them when possible, and promote & sell spa/salon services.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, clearing pass way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Guest Scheduling and Check-In
· Schedule services for individuals and large groups using SpaSoft, reservation software.
· Call guests to confirm scheduled services and update the reservations/cancellations list.
· Advise providers of last minute changes or additions to schedule.
· Check in guests for appointments. Provide general spa orientation; ensure smooth transition from check-in at reception to turnover in locker room.
· Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtain change required for expected business level, and keep bank secure at all times.
· Obtain and process guest payments for services. Process adjustment vouchers, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
· Count and secure bank at end of shift.
· Verify payment authorization for checks and credit cards.
· Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory). Ensure that receptionists POS all tickets accurately in Spa Soft.
· Work closely with Spa Guest Services Manager to ensure operational efficiency within the Spa Reservations Department.
· Ensure spa reservation agents have the proper tools and information to maximize opportunities to successfully convert each call.
· Assist spa reservation agents with incoming calls.
· Perform daily reservation audits to ensure accuracy of arriving reservations.
· Complete daily phone reports.
· Prepare reports and attend weekly staff meetings.
· Monitor occupancy and open/close inventory when necessary.
· Attend to spa reservation agents needs to address and resolve issues with callers.
· Ensure spa reservations understanding and compliance with all Spa Standard Operation Procedures.
· Maintain organization of front desk and reservation areas. Ensure all checklists are complete.
· Ensure that email inquiries are handled professionally, quickly and efficiently.
· Ensure accuracy of payments and cash handling.
· Work closely with Spa Guest Services Manager/Assistant Spa Director to accommodate group requests.
· Work with Spa Guest Services Manager in communicating to staff in-house groups or VIP’s that are in house and how to not only, take care of their needs, but to anticipate them, as well.
· Work closely with Spa Guest Services Manager/Assistant Spa Director to maximize Spa Soft schedule.
· Assist with training of new Spa reservations staff.
· Perform any duties assigned by Spa Guest Services Manager.
· Work Manager On Duty shifts, as needed, which includes covering lunch breaks for spa front desk, spa boutique, and lounge.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
· Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in a high stress work environment.
· Proven ability to lead, motivate, train, and appropriately discipline staff.
· Have a passion for excellence and a desire to exceed guest’s expectations.
· Follow company/dept. safety & security policies/procedures to ensure a safe, secure environment.
· Superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem resolution skills. Must be detail-oriented.
· Must maintain a professional, flexible and positive attitude.
· Adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards at all times.
· Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers and between staff members.
· Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
· Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
· At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and positive attitude towards all.
· Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
· Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break.
High School Diploma, G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Spa, massage and aesthetics familiarity preferred.
SpaSoft experience preferred.
Experience in customer service in a resort environment is required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook