Spa Guest Relations Supervisor
This position contributes to the Sanctuary Spa success by serving as a Supervisor to the Spa Concierge and Lounge Attendant staff while maintaining a focus on consistently providing a memorable and relaxing spa experience for our guests and members. The Spa Guest Relations Supervisor is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader with an exceptional eye for detail, a passion for the spa industry and the pursuit of perfection. Assist management in training, scheduling and motivating spa concierge and lounge attendant staff members. Responsible for the daily operations of each lounge area and spa front desk; as well as, the overall profitability of these areas.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Ensure staff understanding and compliance with all Spa Standard Operation Procedures.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Oversee the performance, attitude, hygiene, uniform appearance and conduct of Spa Concierge and Lounge Attendant Staff.
- Effectively recommend as to hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, including terminations.
- Effectively coach and counsel (when appropriate) providing continued staff development
- Effectively resolve staff workplace issues through problem resolution
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Ensure smooth transition from check-in at reception to turnover in locker room.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and to resolve issues, show compassion and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Ensure all Spa Staff provide warm welcomes and fond farewells to each guest.
- Ensure accuracy of all payment processing
- Maintain organization of front desk and lounge areas.
- Maintain good working relationship between staff.
- Work manager on duty shifts as needed.
- Assist Spa Concierge with checking guest in and out for their spa services.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Ensure that email inquiries are professionally handled quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure communication and understanding of in-house groups and VIPs.
- Work with Spa Operations Manager in communicating to staff any groups that are in house and how to take care of them.
- Assist Spa Operations Manager and Assistant Spa Director to maximize SpaSoft schedule.
- Assist with training of new Spa Concierge staff.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Spa Operations Manager and Spa Director.
JOB REQUIREMENTS ________
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Spa experience preferred.
- SpaSoft experience preferred.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task.
- Maintain a professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service required.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Massage and aesthetics familiarity preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Take the initiative to make contributions to the department and resort while maintaining positive working relationships with co-workers.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments, Vision, Mission and Position.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Practice teamwork and effective communication with manager/supervisor/co-workers.
- At all times, maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude towards all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
- Attend all meetings and training as scheduled by department manager.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving your work area for meal or break periods.
High School Diploma, G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Spa, massage and aesthetics familiarity preferred.
SpaSoft experience preferred.
Experience in customer service in a resort environment is required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook