Spa Retail Clerk (Part-Time)
This position contributes to Sanctuary success by providing support for the spa department by enhancing the guest’s experience at The Sanctuary Spa by greeting guests, providing prompt and courteous service while performing boutique duties; while displaying a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Greet guests and customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Prepare for shift by ensuring bank is set up, logged on system, music is playing at an appropriate level, uniform is clean and wrinkle free and you’re wearing a smile.
- Speak in a positive, clear voice, listen to & understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and merchandise available.
- Sell merchandise; take special orders for items not in stock.
- Use the guest’s name when ringing products in each guest interaction.
- Must use member and guest name. Verify member number with their membership card.
- Verify and run credit cards for authorization. Handle cash, make change, accept and record vouchers and other forms of payment. Accurately record all sales transactions.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive clear English communication. Retrieve merchandise for shop, price as directed and display in accordance with standards.
- Follow proper cashiering and money handling procedures and ensure collection of all service transactions through proper pay method.
- In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines.
- Handle special requests of guests and members.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and be able to accurately describe and sell services and products offered at The Sanctuary Spa. Educate guests on resort activities and facilities.
- Practice safe work habits and follow all safety procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of boutique area. This includes dusting, folding clothes, facing hangers, checking dressing room, etc. Assist in helping with cleanliness throughout The Sanctuary Spa and Salon.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for guests in boutique, and anticipate their needs.
- Attend all product and knowledge classes when given by managers or vendors.
- Assist service providers in selling products from product recommendation forms.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout The Sanctuary Spa.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Good telephone etiquette and excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
- Always report to your manager/supervisor when leaving work area for break periods.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include all shifts, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Equivalent
Related Work Experience
Experience with hospitality and customer service.
Retail experience, preferred.
Excellent English verbal, written, and communication skills.
Computer experience, required.