Summer Internship - Human Resources
The Human Resources intern will be exposed to and gain experience in a coordinator role. The HR intern will assist with projects and administrative tasks working independently under general supervision of the Human Resources Team. Excellent customer service, innovative problem-solving, superior communication skills, and a high degree of flexibility are keys to success in this role.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Conduct various file and administrative HR office duties
- Learn the full cycle recruitment process and help coordinate interview schedules
- Provide administrative and reporting support for all HR related activities
- Assist in planning and coordination of Benefit Open Enrollment process
- Assist in coordination, facilitation and compliance tracking of Sanctuary training programs
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in the handling of confidential information
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. Workweek will primarily be Monday through Friday, with an average of approximately 40 hours per week.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a business or Human Resources discipline
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player; commitment to delivering results; solutions oriented; good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Prior hospitality industry experience is always a plus!