Summer Internship - Rooms Division
Come learn and experience independent luxury hospitality with Sanctuary! This is a paid internship program for students seeking an understanding of the hospitality industry with an emphasis on Rooms Operations. This internship includes exposure to the hotel operations division and will include rotations in various departments in the Rooms Division, including, front desk, concierge, bell/valet, reservations, housekeeping and security.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Gain working knowledge of the operational areas of the resort, i.e. front desk, concierge, bell/valet, reservations, housekeeping and security.
- Performs a variety of routine and non-routine assignments and daily functions in support of the assigned department to include daily operations, special projects and to work closely with leadership for hands on approach.
- Routine duties may include:
§ Check guests in and out of resort, answer phone calls and handle guest issues
§ Clean, inspect and prepare guest rooms and homes for occupancy
§ Work and gain understanding of ordering as well as inventory control
§ Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management.
§ Notify supervisor and /or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or unresolved guest issues.
- Willing to do special projects as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. Workweek will fluctuate based on business demands, with an average of approximately 40 hours per week.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a hotel management, tourism or other industry related discipline; junior or graduating senior.
- Solid critical thinking ability; analytical skills are highly utilized in this role.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player; commitment to delivering results; solutions oriented; good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Prior hospitality industry experience is always a plus!